Uses: Exhibition. Eggs: 150 – 180 white or cream.
Origin: Great Britain.
Weight: Cock: 570g – 620g, Hen: 450 – 510g.
Colours: Black, Black-Breasted Red, Birchen, Blue, Columbian, White.
Useful to Know: A true bantam.
Photo: Rosecomb Bantam owned by SA & G Hodge
Work in progress…
The following books are available. Links take you to the Amazon or other sellers’ pages for the books.
- Popular Poultry Breeds – D. Scrivener – P.216
- Bantams – W.F Entwisle – P.54 (Reprint of the classic book of 1894)
- British Poultry Standards – P.255
- American Standard of Perfection – P.273
- Australian Poultry Standards – P.137
- Storey’s Illustrated Guide to Poultry Breeds – C. Ekarius P.149
- UK: The Rosecomb Bantam Club
- US: The Rosecomb Bantam Federation
- DE: Der Bantam-Klub
- DK: The Danish Sebright and Rosecomb Club. Helen Orndorf, telephone + 45 86 56 02 07 or email [email protected]
- Please leave a comment below if you can provide further information or have a question about Rosecomb bantams.